1939 Register

Discussion in 'British Electoral Rolls' started by Bonzo Dog, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Libby

Libby Well-Known Member

It is well worth while to have another look now for missing names. I have found several of mine. I must admit I was rather shocked to find my father who died earlier this year listed. It has at least saved me from steeling myself to notify them.

2. Flook

Flook A True Gentleman. Rest in Peace.

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but I've been checking an address in Walworth (south London) this evening and, being curious, I scrolled along the images to the end of the street (it's quite a long one!) and at the end there were several entries for houses in streets where the residents had already been registered.

It's probably worth bearing this in mind if you cannot find the occupants of a house that you were expecting to see there as there may be strays lurking at what I presume is the end of the folio.

3. thalauafu

thalauafu R.I.P.

I can't even get into the 1939 site as I do not have a 12 month subscription! It is okay for them to take my money (lots of it too) for a 6 month sub, and then block me from that! They are robbers!

Ma-dotcom likes this.
  4. Bonzo Dog

Bonzo Dog Still the Mad Scientist?

Thank you for the thoughts Flook. Must take another look at a family where 2 children are missing and there is a comment on the opposite page, "See . . .". At this point we reach the extreme edge of the image.

Bay Horse likes this.
  5. Nightryder

Nightryder Well-Known Member

I've finaly found my dad on the register, when I first looked for him nothing came up, when I looked for the address he gave 200 Loughborough Road Leicester on his attestation in April 1940 it gave a Wright family, tried looking again for my great Aunt Gladys Butler & up came Gladys Balter, (although the original looks like Gladys Bulter) at 200 Loughborough Road, the Wright family are above Gladys on the list, with Gladys were 2 blanked out so I uploaded dads death cert & they have now opened the record, dad gave his father as next of kin at the same address but as he died in 1949 I doubt he is the other entry, more likely dads younger brother, also Henry, Now i've just got to find where grandfather Henry is hiding.