Ormes of Peckleton

Discussion in 'Leicestershire' started by Lois Godfrey, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Lois Godfrey

Lois Godfrey Member

The dates I have don't seem to add up, I don't know if I have the right Ormes before John Orme. According to what I have, John Orme was born 1791 in the 1851 census. This John Orme (father), lived with my Great Grand Edward (head). John I think was christened James Marshall Orme 1791, as there is no record of a John for that time. Elizabeth 1763-1843 and Edward Orme 1746-1833, who I think are buried in Peckleton are

Sis likes this.
  2. Lois Godfrey

Lois Godfrey Member

The parents of John. They were married in 1782. No children until John 1791 the last being Ann 1809. I thought she may have been too old, but at 46, they did in those days didn't they. Edward would have been 17 years older than Elizabeth, one wonders if it was his second marriage . Edwards 1746 birth date does fit in with dates of children of James Orme 1710-1778. Ann 1741, Elizabeth 1744, and Eliz 1738. No trace of an Edward born to James and Elizabeth.
    Just trying to get the right people for ancestors as some trees on Ancestry are way off the rails.
    Thank you for all your help and advice, it is appreciated always. May I add what a great job you do for folks. I have gained a lot of knowledge and new information already.
    Lois

Sis likes this.
  3. Sis

Sis Rootles out resources!

Sounds like ordering the transcription cd from Parish Chest, as you are, is the best way to go. I don't have any subscriptions so I am only able to help by using google.:)