Quoting posts when using an iPad

Discussion in 'Finding Your Way & Rules' started by Doug, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Doug

Doug Administrator. The Main Man. Staff Member

One way of including a quote from a previous post in a reply when you are using an iPad is as follows:

Select Reply.

When the message box opens place and hold your finger over a word from the original post which you don't want to keep. An option to Select appears. Place finger on that. A bar with blue dots appears. The dots can be dragged to expand over other words. Then you can use the x above the Return key to delete.

You must retain the part at the start of the post you are quoting within and including the square brackets beginning with the word quote and at the end of the post within and including the square brackets beginning with the /

2. Steve Bumstead

Steve Bumstead Well-Known Member

3. Steve Bumstead

Steve Bumstead Well-Known Member

Well I got the first part right - couldn't see how to add anything before I posted though. I'll try again soon.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
  4. Doug

Doug Administrator. The Main Man. Staff Member

After you have edited the section you are quoting place your finger just to the right of the [/ QUOTE]. A flashing blue line will appear which is the cursor. Start typing. Think of your finger as being the mouse pointer on a windows computer with you being the mouse. :)