1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Royal Naval Ships details

Discussion in 'Royal Navy & Royal Marines' started by Lindylou, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Lindylou

Lindylou Active Member

I came across this site when I was trying to find out about one of the ships that Alfred Henry Slack was on. They have dates and details of battles etc. and also pictures of the ships.

I thought this might be of interest to anyone looking for ships that their ancestors were on.

Lindylou

2. Moff

Moff Well-Known Member

Hi Lindylou - what's the name or url of the site? Or can you post a link (if it doesn't ask for money! :rolleyes: )

3. Lindylou

Lindylou Active Member

Whoops........ :oops: I suppose that would help wouldn't it :D

Ooo..err...Sorry Moff :(, I just looked again, and they actually sell the photos of ships, and also the crew for some ships. But you can look up all the details and look at the pictures for free. :confused: So not sure if I am allowed to say what site :confused:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp :nailbiting: please.....Moderators

Lindylou

4. Moff

Moff Well-Known Member

You can say the name of the site - just don't give a link to it :)

Daft Bat and Lindylou like this.
  5. Lindylou

Lindylou Active Member

O.k. thanks :). It is called;-

Battleships-Cruisers.co.uk

6. Lindylou

Lindylou Active Member

I have just found another "useful" scribbled note that I made ages ago :D, (but couldn't find when someone was asking about ship's crew recently) :headbang:.

It shows ships in ports all over England in the 1881 census. It shows crew, names, ages, where they were born and occupations.

If you look up SHIPS IN PORT U.K. 1881-Intro-Angelfire then scroll down the page, it lists every port in the U.K. and every ship that was docked at that time, (even small private boats).
    It also shows all crew aboard at the time + Names, Ages, where they were born and occupations.

The site is run by Bob Sanders who has family and maritime history page showing old navy uniforms etc.

I haven't looked through it all yet, but it all looks very helpful :)

Hope you all enjoy looking through it, and maybe find some more of your elusive ancestors :)

Lindylou XXX

HildaW, Sis, Ma-dotcom and 1 other person like this.