So upset

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Lone Pine, Apr 16, 2015.

1. MollyMay

MollyMay Knows where to find the answers!

Wonderful news for you:), something really nice to counter the bad experience. Now set off next week and have a marvelous time. We all wish you well and hope to see some pictures when you return. Have an amazing time.

Ma-dotcom likes this.
  2. AnnB

AnnB Editor in Chief who is Hot off the Press!

Well,there you go, someone really is watching over you.........

Enjoy :)

Ann

3. gillyflower

gillyflower Always caring about others

Sorry to hear of your distress about said incident.Unfortunately the world is full of people cashing in - and trying to make easy money. They obviously are one of these people. :(I know how sick some people were - cashing in on Titanic memorabilia too. Forget your experience - and enjoy your trip it will be lovely. :){-(^^)-}

Ma-dotcom and busyglen like this.
  4. Eve

Eve Well-Known Member

:)
    Can't add much to what has already been said before - put the ebay fiasco to the back of your mind and go ahead and sail with pride. You (we?) can always take up the mantle on your return if you want to take it further)
    Meanwhile, enjoy your luxury upgrade - see......"Karma" :) :) x

Ma-dotcom and busyglen like this.
  5. Sis

Sis Rootles out resources!

There's that karma I talked about!:D Enjoy!

Philippa likes this.
  6. spison

spison Well-Known Member

This creep is just a mercinary. Ignore him and enjoy what will be a wonderful experience.
    By the way ...
    Pretty sure that the Betoota paper is a bluff. Check out Media Watch which quite recently did an expose on it!
    Jane

Philippa likes this.
  7. Philippa

Philippa Always a lady.

Did 'ave me doots about that paper for the reasons I mentioned Jane, and as I said haven't had the chance to check them out. They did have a rather funny April Fool's Day article (full marks for that because it was funny without being offensive) but as for the rest.............

And Lone Pine - how wonderful about your upgrade, your re-ignited enthusiasm and your coming back to being your top-notch and optimistic self. This trip is going to be magic for you and all I can say is:

LP_trip.jpg

{-(^^)-}

8. Lone Pine

Lone Pine Her Grandad would be so proud of her

Bless you all thank god for you all. Its Sunday in the UK and so today I am going to start to sort out what I am taking. Have looked at the temperatures and bit confused as to what to take so a broad spectrum of clothes, evening clothes are sorted its just the day time that is causing me a bit of a headache. Booked this in June 2014 to make sure we got a cabin it seemed such a long time to wait and now its just 3 days away.

For the UK members they are showing on BBC on Saturday morning a live programme from the Cenotaph starting at 10am, but it says on the programme 1 of 2 but I can't find no 2 yet so presume that will be on a Sunday. On BBC2 on Saturday night at about 8:30pm they are showing a programme about Murdoch, who was the war correspondent at the time. I can't remember if its Rupert Murdoch's Father or Grandfather, think it might be Father. Read somewhere, can't remember where that they gave him a secret message to take to someone (think it may have been an owner of a paper, can't remember) in London to tell them how bad it really was in Gallipoli and he managed to get this letter through. I have sent the plus box to record them even Hubby (Steve) has given up his programmes so I can record them. Bless him.

If they show any footage from Canakkale/Gallipoli don't forget to look for the white and green flag (4th Battalion flag) it will be me, probably sobbing into a tissues with bloke standing next to me looking a bit embarrassed lol.

Bay Horse, spison, busyglen and 12 others like this.
  9. Philippa

Philippa Always a lady.

You go girl - you are definitely the subject of massive envy, let me tell you!!!

10. Sis

Sis Rootles out resources!

And ditto from me on both counts!:)

11. Findem

Findem The Fearless One. Rest in Peace.

We recently had a Gallipoli film on TV about the Anzacs, that reporter and the damning report featured in it, this was an enactment type film not a documentary.

Sis and Ma-dotcom like this.
  12. Eve

Eve Well-Known Member

Don't know if you've seen this Lone Pine, but the facebook page for "Can't Find My Past" has a couple of pictures of Lone Pine cemetery old and new. It's from today but you have to scroll down a little way !

Sis likes this.
  13. Lone Pine

Lone Pine Her Grandad would be so proud of her

Thanks Eve for that, yes have seen it already don't forget that I "stalked" my Grandfather all over the net so have seen loads of stuff expect the picture of him I was really hoping that I would have found it by now, but no luck, its the last piece of the puzzle and once I find it as far as I am concerned its all been put right with him and he is back where he belongs with his loving family.

Diary now posted up to 4th May so covering the landings and the first battles, some of it not pleasant reading but this is why the guy put and thought so up it goes.

Nearly all packed but going to be overweight I have hardly got any clothes with me I don't know what has happened this year never mind. Ok everyone have a great 12 days, look after yourselves and see you when I get back, oh and I will be posting pictures fingers crossed.

Will send your regards and thanks to the guys at Lone Pine who "sleep the sleep that knows no waking besides the Darden's shore".

Joanne, Eve, dizzyme and 11 others like this.
  14. LianeH

LianeH Well-Known Member

Lone Pine, the diary comments are amazing to read. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip, albeit an emotional one. Look forward to seeing your pics and of course if there is any coverage will definitely look out for your flag - enjoy

Ma-dotcom and dizzyme like this.
  15. Bay Horse

Bay Horse Can be a bit of a dark horse

Have a wonderful trip. Take care and see you soon.

Ma-dotcom likes this.
  16. Eve

Eve Well-Known Member

Have a wonderful, unforgettable trip. Soak it all up (for all of us), we look forward to hearing all about it - God speed x

Ma-dotcom likes this.
  17. Ma-dotcom

Ma-dotcom A Bonza Little Digger!

Whisper softly, we think often of them.

Joanne likes this.
  18. Joanne

Joanne Well-Known Member

19. Joanne

Joanne Well-Known Member

Don't EVER give up on finding that photo. About two years ago I came across my GGrandfathers photo ( yes the one as my avatar) and it was the first anyone in my family including my parents had seen since he was a child. The sad part was for us,my line is the only direct line descendants! Have a MEMORABLE trip and we look forward to reading your story when ready