Seeing double?

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Bay Horse, May 28, 2021.

1. Bay Horse

Bay Horse Can be a bit of a dark horse

When we used to exhibit at car shows, back in the day, if we saw a car we couldn't identify it was 'probably a Wolseley' and nine times out of ten, it was.

I've been in the driving seat of a car with rear-hinged doors - think it was a Citroen Light 15. It was such a struggle to find my way out, not being used to doors opening 'the wrong way'! Took me about five minutes of looking confused.

Dates would fit, Kernowmaid. :) He is working for that employer in the 1939 register.

You know, I'm relieved that so many think that Fred appears twice! I did pause before hitting the 'post' button, thinking 'they're really going to think I've flipped this time'. That was before I realised how stretched the car looked in the first particular photo.

Sis, Ma-dotcom, Daft Bat and 2 others like this.
  2. Half Hour

Half Hour Well-Known Member

I bet when Fred did this photo he was laughing like mad thinking he would fool and befuddle generations to come! Way to go, Fred!:D

Sis, Ma-dotcom, Bay Horse and 2 others like this.
  3. GrannyBarb

GrannyBarb Custodian of the Family Accounts

Dad's brother-in-law, Uncle Arlo, was a photog. He used to do slide shows at family gatherings, often personal travelogues. He'd be in the mountains in Bolivia, or a bullfight in Mexico, when suddenly would pop up a scantily clad blonde perched atop a picnic table that was covered in, and surrounded by totally undisturbed snow! He'd chuckle and say, "Now how'd she get there?" It was a joke, of course. It was done as a double exposure. ;)

Half Hour, Sis, Ma-dotcom and 5 others like this.